2019-30 Clinical Manager
The role of Clinical Manager is suited to experienced Clinical/Counselling/Educational Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Nurses, ICP accredited Psychotherapists and Occupational Therapists. The Clinical Manager is the mental health lead for the local Jigsaw service, providing clinical leadership across the therapeutic support service as well as the mental health education and training programmes. The Clinical Manager is responsible for clinical governance and acts as the clinical lead for the transdisciplinary Jigsaw team which works with young people experiencing mild to moderate mental health difficulties. The Clinical Manager and Service Manager work closely together to ensure the safe and effective delivery of the Jigsaw service.
The base of the Dublin South West service will be our new hub in Tallaght (expected move-in date is autumn 2019). Services are currently operating out of our Clondalkin Hub and services will run concurrently from the Hub in Tallaght and Clondalkin until the end of 2019. In 2020 we plan to have the service based in Tallaght with outreach locations around the South County Dublin catchment area.
This is a full-time, permanent role,based in Jigsaw Dublin South West.
Working in collaboration with the Service Manager, the Clinical Manager provides clinical and mental health leadership across the Jigsaw service, including:
- Overseeing the implementation of clinical policies, procedures and guidelines in delivering a safe, high quality and effective clinical service. This includes the development and monitoring of local clinical systems and processes from receipt of referral and initial assessment to delivery of evidence informed interventions, establishing referral pathways with other health and social care service providers and facilitating seamless transitions for young people in and out of Jigsaw.
- Providing clinical supervision and support to Jigsaw Clinicians and Senior Clinicians.
- The post holder will be expected to contribute to the clinical activity of the service. This will involve carrying a small clinical caseload.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Essential Criteria: Qualifications & Registration - It is essential that you meet one of the below:
- Doctorate or equivalent in clinical/counselling/educational psychology. Qualifications obtained overseas must be validated by the Department of Health at the time of application.
- Mental Health Nurse registered with An Bord Altranais.
- Social Worker registered with CORU.
- Occupational Therapist registered with CORU.
- Psychotherapist accredited by the Irish Council for Psychotherapy.
Essential Criteria: Experience
- A minimum of five years’ full time or equivalent experience working in a mental health service / setting.
- Experience of core clinical mental health skills; assessment (including risk assessment), formulation, evidence informed therapeutic intervention and evaluation.
- Experience of providing clinical supervision and case load management to staff.
- Passion for working with young people within the Jigsaw Model.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of leadership in mental health.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Factors taken into account in determining an appropriate scale include the candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications relevant to the job. The salary range for this role will be €60,000 - €80,000.
Jigsaw operates the following benefits for its employees
- Defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual leave 25 days, exclusive of public holidays and 1.5 company days.
- Comprehensive programme of clinical CPD.
- Financial support for further education.
- The deadline for applications is 5pm Monday 27th May 2019.
- Interviews to take place on 4th June 2019.
- Applications are by way of online application form only and we cannot accept CVs. Please complete all fields of the application form - incomplete application forms will not be considered.
- The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved. A full job description will be provided upon request.
- Depending on location, this role may require access to a car.
- Meeting the needs of the service requires flexibility and a willingness to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- All Jigsaw staff members are required to obtain Garda clearance as a condition of their initial and continued employment.
- Jigsaw is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- All documentation received by Jigsaw will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR; 2018). The information will only be used by Jigsaw in the processing of job applications and for ongoing administrative purposes with job candidates.